Monday, July 7, 2014

A child's perspective

About six months ago, a wise friend reminded me of this concept, "Ivdu et Hashem b'simcha" - everything you do should be with happiness.

For a week, I centered my life around this goal. 

I painted a sign to put in my house as a constant reminder.

Every time a child tested my patience and I felt the urge to get upset at them, I sang at the top of my lungs my favorite rendition of "Ivdu et Hashem b'simcha."

This intense focus lasted a short time.

The other day, out of the blue, the song popped into my head.

I began to sing - "Ivdu et Hashem b'simcha, bo'u l'fanav bir'nana...." (Serve G-d with happiness, come before Him with joy)

My astute 3yo with a musical memory to boot cut me off immediately.

"Mommy!  We're not doing anything wrong!  Don't sing that!"

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny! I am laughing so hard that I'm crying! Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete